Our school can train from beginners to advance riders who just need that extra boost that will take them to perfection. We strictly follow IKO guidelines as they are shown below.
The school uses the latest kitesurfing equipment called Airush and Naish which are proven to be the best for 2019.
The lessons can be either individual or in a group : Group lessons meaning 2-3 max students per instructor.
Our school has 3 qualified instructors ready to help you through this amazing process of kitesurfing in Cyprus. After the completion of the course all the students receive an IKO certification card that enables them to rent equipment in other kitesurfing spots all around the world. Usually the students attend level 1+2 and after some training period they can also attend level 3.
Kiteboarder Level 1 – Course Detail
The Discovery Level is where the dream starts! After taking this course, you will be proficient in all of the following.
- Identifying safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Discerning the hazards of a spot
- Knowing how to use the safety systems
- Twisting and untwisting the lines while flying the kite
- Walking & changing directions while flying the kite
- Identifying and using the wind window
- Setting-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre-flight checking of equipment and settings
- In flight checking of equipment and settings
- Pulling the quick release and activating the kite leash
- Launching and landing the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Controlling the kite hooked into the harness (using both hands and one hand)
- Understanding the de-power system and the use of the safety systems
- Learning advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Showing full control of de-power systems in flight
- Recovering the bar and kite
All of these are essential in order to continue to level 2.
Kiteboarder Level 2 – Course detail
Here the fun begins, powerstrokes and waterstarts after the bodydrag.
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions
Kiteboarder Level 3 – Course Detail
Some training is needed after the completion of level 1&2 before students can attend a level 3.
Level 3 is for people who want to take kiteboarding into a professional level
- Controlling the riding speed by edging
- Toeside edging
- Consistently riding in all directions including upwind
- Riding amongst other riders and water users and respect “Right of Way” rules
- Changing of direction without stopping
- Make a toe side turn
- Making risk assessment and becoming aware of the riding area
- Knowing the theory and the safety rules for jumping.
- Landing a basic jump
Locations in Limassol :
- Lady's Mile
- Santa Barbara
extreme sports, kite board
Leave a Reply ·
You must be logged in to post a comment.